In this video I show the main areas of Caleta de Fuste, including the marina, the beaches, shops, restaurants, bars, some of the hotels and the golf courses. I also talk a bit about what Costa Caleta was like in 1987 when I first stayed there.
First I show the marina area which is one of the nicest parts of the resort I think.
After that the video covers the two Caleta beaches – Castillo beach and Atlantico beach. Both beaches are completely artificial. The sand has been imported to create what I would describe as a “beach theme area” rather than a beach. They are without a doubt the worst beaches on Fuerteventura, but some people seem to love them. Each to their own I guess.
I then show some of the town centre commercial areas starting with Castillo Central. Then I cover the shops in Caleta de Fuste with some of the bars and restaurants in Caleta de Fuste too. I couldn’t really show the Caleta de Fuste nightlife in this video. Another day (or night) perhaps.
There are too many hotels in Caleta to cover in one video but I do show the Barcelo Fuerteventura and the Hotel Elba Carlota.
This is followed by a quick look at the Fuerteventura golf courses – first the Fuerteventura Golf Resort, which is a championship course where the Spanish Open took place in 2004. Then I show the Golf Club Salinas de Antigua which is the “public” course.
I finish the video by going to the top of Chipmunk Mountain and show some general views of the area.
Where to stay in Caleta de Fuste
- Barceló Castillo Beach Resort – Very popular hotel right by the beach
- Elba Sara Beach & Golf Resort – near the beach, shopping centre and golf courses
- Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel – Adults only, located right on the Fuerteventura Golf Club
- Barceló Castillo Royal Level – located right by the harbour
- Hotel Ereza Mar – popular hotel near the harbour and facing the sea
- Fuerteventura Beach Club – very popular complex with families
- Castillo Playa – a good value complex in a good location
- Caleta Garden Apartments – very popular and close to shops and restaurants
- Broncemar Beach Aparthotel – lovely pool area and close to amenities
Villas and apartments
- My selection of lovely villas with pools overlooking the golf course
- Some villas in the heart of Caleta
- Villas in the lower part of Chipmunk mountain
- Villas in the upper part of Chipmunk mountain
- Some apartments in the heart of Caleta
- Apartments in the lower part of chipmunk mountain
- Apartments in the upper part of Chipmunk mountain
Please feel free to leave a comment.
Watch the Caleta de Fuste Youtube video – What is Caleta Like?
To find out more information on Caleta de Fuste please click on the link to visit this very informative website.